5 Foods You Should Be Eating
Too many of us are ignoring these foods that we should be eating.
In my last post, I identified 5 foods you should not eat to lose belly fat. I identified what types of foods you should avoid, so, now, I’d like to cover 5 foods you should be eating.
As you become more familiar with all the foods you shouldn’t be eating, it can feel like the list of foods that you can eat is becoming smaller and smaller. Would you like your waist to shrink smaller and smaller, too?
Here’s the List
- Wild Salmon: Eating more fish is often encouraged to lose weight and live longer. In fact, if you look at some of the cultures with the longest lifespans, you’ll see that fish is a huge part of their daily diets. Now, you don’t need to eat fish all day everyday to reap some benefits, but adding wild salmon into your weekly meal rotation will provide your body with a lot of the protein and healthy fats that you need to start feeding your body if you’re not already.
- Dark Greens: You should know by now that “having a salad” isn’t always as healthy as it sounds. In a lot of cases, a salad is even worse for you than a burger. Iceberg lettuce has a few minimal amount of nutrition, it’s mostly just water. Then once you add in creamy dressing, cheese, croutons, bacon, etc.. that’s not a healthy choice at all. If you make a salad with dark greens and a non-creamy dressing, such as a simple vinaigrette, now we’re talking about a healthy choice! Not only are dark greens jam-packed with nutrition when compared to iceberg lettuce, but they’re also filled with flavour. You don’t need to dress them up, because they’re delicious on their own!
- Sweet Potatoes: Now, this one isn’t so exotic, is it? Sweet potatoes have about 150% more antioxidants than blueberries do. They also have a lot more nutrients than regular potatoes. Have you tried sweet potato fries? Compared to regular potatoes, sweet potatoes are certainly a much better choice. They’re delicious when they’ve been baked or mashed.
- Hemp Seeds: Not to be confused with something you might find at a Grateful Dead concept, hemp seeds have an ideal balance of omega 3 and 6. Hemp seeds are a great source of protein, amino and fatty acids. You can add them to salads, blend them in with your smoothies, and really use them the same way you would use flax or any other seeds. They have a distinct taste and go very well with oatmeal, as well.
- Avocado: Avocados are often avoided by people who simply count calories, but by now you should know that there’s a lot more to being (and feeling) healthy than just counting calories. Not only are they delicious, but if you eat an avocado with your salad (remember, dark greens!), it will help your body to absorb even more of the nutrients from the greens. Talk about a great side-kick! Bear in mind that avocados do contain fat, so don’t go crazy if you’re trying to drop pounds, but do bear in mind that it is a GOOD type of fat and your body should have some.
There you have it, 5 foods you should be eating. Here’s a challenge for all your creative cooks out there – Why not try to combine each of these foods into one meal, or even one dish? We’re curious to know what you come up with!
>> Continue to Discover: 5 That Kill Fat
If you’d like to discover another 5 foods you should be eating, click here to view this video presentation.
If you’d like to learn more, you can sign-up to receive the 5 Foods That Kill Fat Report
from fitness guru, Mike Geary. In this 20-page report, Mike identifies 5 additional foods you should be eating (and 2 that you shouldn’t) when you’re trying to lose fat. Check it out!