5 Superfruits You Should Be Eating
Here are 5 of the best so-called “superfruits” that should be part of everyone’s diet.
I’ve been covering a number of foods you should be eating and a number of foods you shouldn’t be eating. Today, I want to make you aware of 5 superfruits you should be eating.
Now, the term “superfruit” is often used to hype little-known fruits as being the key to health and weight loss. For the most part, these fruits are often used as the main ingredients in “miracle” juices and can be very expensive. That’s not the direction we’re going with in this article. We’re going to discuss fruits that have scientifically proven health benefits and are readily available at your supermarket.
Here’s the List
- Blueberries: While many exotic fruits, such as the acai berry, have been hyped in recent years as the secret to health and weight loss, many of the same health benefits found in these Brazilian berries can also be found in your local produce section. U.S.-grown blueberries contain an abundant amount of antioxidants, which help fight free radicals in the body and are available at a fraction of the cost of their exotic cousins.
- Plums: Even more inexpensive than blueberries, studies have shown that plums actually match or exceed the number of antioxidants found in blueberries. Research indicates that plums may also have cancer fighting properties.
- Cranberries: Like blueberries and plums, cranberries have very high levels of antioxidants and phytochemicals which aid in disease prevention by neutralizing free radicals in the body. Cranberries also contain vitamin C, dietary fiber, manganese and as well as a number of other essential micronutrients.
- Cherries: Often overshadowed by other fruit, cherries have emerged as a superfruit as well. Cherries contain a unique blend of antioxidants and beneficial phytonutrients that have been known to improve heart health and also have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Grapes: Like the rest of the fruits in this list, grapes contain a high level of antioxidants and phytonutrients. Many of the phytonutrients found in grapes are now believed to play a role in longevity.
You’ll notice a common theme in this list. Our 5 superfruits you should be eating list is made up entirely of red, purple and blue berries. Blackberries, gooseberries, raspberries and currants could also be added to this list. They all contain high levels of antioxidants and studies have shown that people who eat a diet high in antioxidants have a lower risk of heart disease, cancer and several other diseases.
>> Continue to Discover: 5 Foods That Kill Fat
If you’d like to discover more foods you should be eating, click here to view this video presentation.
If you’d like to learn more, you can sign-up to receive the 5 Foods That Kill Fat Report
from fitness guru, Mike Geary. In this 20-page report, Mike identifies 5 additional foods you should be eating (and 2 that you shouldn’t) when you’re trying to lose fat. Check it out!